Canada Tourist Visa
Home / Visit / Canada Tourist Visa
Canada Tourist/Visitor Visa
Millions of tourists visit Canada every year to travel and to explore various opportunities presented by the country.
The tourist visa for Canada, also known as Canada Visitor Visa or Temporary Residence Visa (TRV), is an official document that must be included in the passport. It is issued by the Canadian Visa Office and proves that the person meets the requirements to be a visitor to Canada. It is imperative that the visa is obtained before entering Canada, as it cannot be attained inside Canada.
International travelers must carry acceptable identity documents, and a valid visa is required to enter Canada. A passport is recommended as it is the most reliable and widely accepted travel document for international travel. As your visa expert, Vision World can help you in making arrangements for a quick Canada Visit Visa in the most efficient manner ensuring all acceptable documents are in place before you enter the country.
If you wish to visit Canada as a tourist, approach our consultants at Vision World, get to know the eligibility requirements and the next course of action.
Canada Visitor Visa is granted for a period of six months and is either a single entry or multiple entry visa. Here are some key points to note when applying for a Canadian Visitor Visa:
- The visa can be used only for tourism purposes
- The visa cannot be used to apply for work or to work
- Your dependents and children can accompany you with this visa
- The Visit Visa is issued within 27 days of submission of documents
Following are the criteria that are required to be met to process the Canada Visitor Visa:
- A valid passport or relevant travel documents with a validity of six months or more
- Relevant documents to prove your return to your home country
- Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- Financial statements that prove you have enough funds to support your travel and stay to and within Canada
- A travel itinerary and hotel reservations
- Letter of invitation from relative or friend in Canada if staying with them
- If on a business trip, documents supporting the invite, purpose of business, and appointments
- Medical clearance certificate, if needed
To be eligible for a Canada Visit Visa, the following criteria need to be met:
- Proof of sufficient funds to support oneself and family for the period of visit
- Must not intend to pursue or accept a job while in Canada
- Should have no criminal record
- Strictly imply with the laws of the country
- Provide proof of invitation letters from sponsor
- A temporary resident visa is required for people from certain countries
Visit Visa – Application Process and How can we help you
From filing the application to attaching the relevant documents to submitting the Visa application to the correct visa office, the application process for acquiring a Visitor Visa for Canada needs to be in the perfect order.
Following is a step-by-step process followed by our team to assist in the Canadian Visit Visa application process:
- Conduct a prior assessment to check for eligibility as per requirements
- Identify the best approach for getting the Visa
- Assistance in filing the application form in the correct format and order
- Review all forms and documentation
- Compiling all essential documents, including invitation letter, proof of employment, financial statements and other documents
- Submission of documents to the Canada Vissa office along with a non-refundable fee
- Prepare for the interview after the application is approved
- Undergo security and medical checkups
Following are the documents required for getting a Canada Visit Visa:
- Original Passport with at least 2 blank visa pages
- 2 Photographs (latest) with white background and no borders. Photographs should have a semi-matte or a matte finish with 80% face size. Mention DOB (date of birth) and name at the back of the photographs. Photographs must be clicked within the last 90 days and not have been used for earlier Visas.
- Copy of air ticket or travel itinerary
- Visa Application Form
- Hotel Bookings
- Original Leave certificate of School/College/Employer
- Proof of employment from current employer. This can be in the form of an appointment letter, NOC (No-Objection Certificate).
- Salary slips for last six months.
- If self-employed – MOA/Deed/Shop Act
- Income tax returns/Form 16 for last three years
- Letter of Invitation
- Medical Clearance
- Bank statement for minimum last six months which should include all transactions made.
- Cover letter on the company letterhead
- Marriage Certificate
- Children Birth Certificate
- Property Report or Net-worth report
A single-entry visa allows foreign nationals to travel to Canada only once. A multiple-entry visa allows its holder to travel to and fro to Canada as long as the visa is valid.
A multiple-entry visa permits its holder to enter Canada for six months at a time as many times as they want. The visa is valid for up to 10 years.
Following are the costs attached to the Canada Visitor Visa: (amount in Canadian Dollars)
Visitor visa – single entry or multiple entry (including extensions) (Single or multiple entry temporary resident visa) – $100
Visitor visa – maximum fee for family (1 fee per family of 5 or more people) (Single or multiple entry temporary resident visa maximum fee for a family of 5 or more people applying at the same time and place) – $500
Visitor record (including extensions) – $75
Extend your stay as a visitor – per person – $100
* If the status in Canada has expired in the last 90 days, individual will need to apply for restoration and pay a restoration fee of $200.
An NOC is required from the Government stating no-objection to visit overseas. The NOC is to be attached with the Visa application at the time of submission application.
The processing time for Canada Visit visa is approximately 12 days. The processing time does not include the time taken by the Visa application center to send the application to the Embassy office. This also does not include the time taken to give your biometric.